Welcome!

Thank you for participating in our Relational Studies course. The students will post questions below, weekly. Please respond to all questions by pressing the comment link associated with each question. We will be looking at the differences and similarities between answers. Make sure you click on Older Posts at the bottom of the page as many of the questions will be on the next page.

Thank you again for sharing with our students!

Monday, May 7, 2012

In teenage relationships, it is difficult to sometimes let a potential partner know when you do or do not have feelings for them. What do you think is the best to communicate your feelings?

3 comments:

  1. My adult answer is.....tell them face to face. But I remember when I was a teenager, I was afraid to put myself out there like that, so I would do my best to find out if the peron I was interested in was interested in anyone, and have a trusted friend ask them what they thought of me, to see if there was a chance. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a tough one. Being able to talk about your feelings is a learning process that comes with maturity and experience I think. So when you are a teenager it tends to be a hard thing to handle. I remember doing it exactly as Louise described... having a trusted friend act as a go-between. Though it is difficult, having honest and kind face to face or phone conversations would be best to communicate your feelings.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going with the Nike approach on this one too..you "Just do it". I know its tough to do, its difficult to say to someone who u had strong feelings for at a time that you no longer feel for them that way, or want to move on, but it MUST be done. If not, it can lead to further resentment and sometimes even hatred for the person. Face to face, and be honest. NEVER OVER TWITTER, AND DEFINITELY NOT OVER FACEBOOK. .........Sheryl n Val

    ReplyDelete